Biggy Bigeaux drives a garbage truck for a living. He lives on a houseboat permanently moored on Bayou Lafourche in south Louisiana roughly a one hour drive south of New Orleans. When Biggy finds his mama dead one afternoon, he decides to go to New Orleans and ask an old school chum for a job. And thus his adventure truly begins.
I invite you to be a beta reader of this short novel. Or if you prefer just to read it, the link at the bottom of this page will take you to Chapter 1. I hope you enjoy it.
If you decide to accept the challenge of being a beta reader, I would very much appreciate it if you keep the following in mind:
- First and foremost, if you see misspellings, typos or grammatical errors, please let me know, keeping in mind that virtually all of the characters speak in some version of a New Orleans / South Louisiana accent. Thus, please don’t ask me to correct any dialog in quotation marks.
- If there are passages you don’t understand, please let me know. If you don’t understand, it’s likely that others won’t either. I have tried very hard to prevent this situation from happening but I can’t know how anyone else who reads the book will react to any particular situation.
- Please provide me with any feedback you feel appropriate including being critical of style, content, or anything else you feel might improve the book. I promise to consider any suggestions you may have for improving the book. I don’t promise to make every change you suggest!
- No comment, regardless of how critical, will be taken personally. If you find the story boring, tell me. If you simply think it is crap, tell me.
- And now, the mechanics. At the bottom of each Chapter (in the footer) you will find a place to leave comments. If you want to be anonymous, enter a fake name and email.
- If you decide to take this challenge and become a beta reader, I sincerely hope you find the book interesting and I thank you in advance. I look forward to seeing your comments.
- Finally, if you know of anyone who would be willing to be a beta reader for me please share the link to ForeverBisbee.com with them. Thank you.